Hours: 30 hours per week/ 4 days
Salary: £10 per hour/£15,600pa
Closing date: Subject to change
Interview date: Interviews will be arranged on an ongoing basis as applications come in.
Berties Salon is part of RSPCA Leeds and Wakefield Branch, it opened up in March 2020 and we are now looking for an Animal Groomer to continue the high standards and excellent customer service which has already been established.
The Grooming salon is on site at our animal centre in East Ardsley, but in a separate building. All money made from the grooming salon goes towards caring for the rescued animals at the centre. The ideal candidate will hold a minimum of Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming and have at least 2 years professional experience in grooming.
As the Animal Groomer for Berties Salon you will be:
- Responsible for all aspects of pet grooming and deliver the very highest standard of pet grooming in a timely mannerExceed our customers’ expectations by delivering a great service
- Excellent communication skills will be fully utilised as you will be dealing with customers and their pets on a daily basis
- Ensuring excellent salon presentation is maintained and high standards are kept through cleanliness, safety and good standards of housekeeping (additional Covid-19 cleaning routines are currently in place)
- Ensure equipment is maintained as per manufacturer’s instructions and adhere to safety instructions at all times
- Maintain the customer data base, take bookings, complete all aspects of administration for the salon, including taking payments & cash handling
- Assist with the training and development of other salon colleagues as required
- The salon will offer a service for up to 5 days out of 7, therefore you will need to work flexibly and at weekends and bank holidays
- Promote all aspects of the charity, including its other services and main objectives of animal rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming
- Represent the branch to customers in a professional & welcoming manner at all times
- Adhere to every aspect of animal welfare and safety, including providing animal first aid
Testimonials from the last 6 months will be requested.
If you would like to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or you can post your application to: Megan Rattray, RSPCA Leeds, Wakefield & District Branch, Moor Knoll Lane, East Ardsley, WF3 2DX.